GSK and Novartis unveil "unusual" OTC deal

GSK and Novartis unveil "unusual" OTC deal

23 April 2014 - Deborah Wilkes

GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis have agreed to combine their global consumer healthcare operations into a world-leading business with annual sales of £6.5 billion (US$10.9 billion).

GlaxoSmithKline's chief executive officer Sir Andrew Witty describes the OTC deal as "unusual and unique". Once the deal is completed, GlaxoSmithKline will have a controlling equity interest of 63.5% in a joint venture, while Novartis will own the remaining 36.5%.

This NEWS EXTRA publication from OTCToolbox is designed to give you a rapid and detailed insight into the OTC deal. Make sure your team is well informed through a Multiple User Licence or a Global Licence.

The publication covers the thinking behind the deal, which was announced on 22 April 2014, as well as the structure of the consumer healthcare joint venture and recent consumer healthcare strategies at GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis.

The OTC deal is part of an interconditional three-part transaction between GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis. This NEWS EXTRA explores how GlaxoSmithKline has boosted its Consumer Healthcare and Vaccines businesses, while Novartis has gained oncology assets.

Around 3,000 words long, this NEWS EXTRA publication from OTCToolbox is written by OTC industry expert Deborah Wilkes. It is available to purchase and download immediately from the OTCToolbox website.

RAPID INSIGHTS MADE EASY

AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY
 AS A PDF
See Payment Options box on this page



This NEWS EXTRA is also available as part of an Annual Subscription to the OTCToolbox website (click here to find out more).

For alternative payment options and delivery methods, or other questions, please send an email to enquiries@otctoolbox.com.

Annual Subscription Holder?

Sign in to continue reading.
 

Sign In

Back to News Extras

Share this page: