OTC DEAL TRENDS 2018
A truly transformative year
31 December 2018 • by Deborah Wilkes
The OTCToolbox annual review of mergers and acquisitions activity is essential reading for anyone with an interest in business development in the OTC/consumer healthcare industry.
OTC Deal Trends 2018 provides a comprehensive guide to deals and trends in the global industry.
Mega deals transformed the global industry in 2018 as several pharmaceutical companies divested consumer healthcare/OTC businesses.
Other significant trends included big deals involving vitamins, minerals and supplements (VMS) assets; private-equity firms buying and selling assets; and interest in digital technology and e-commerce assets. There were also many companies buying and building.
However, some acquirers are struggling in the wake of older mega deals.
BUY AND DOWNLOAD TODAY. See Payment Options box on the right of this page.
This authoritative Briefing provides in-depth analysis and insights into past, present and future mergers and acquisitions activity. Read about:
- 10 key OTC deal trends
- Purchase prices for OTC deals
- Big deals in the vitamins, minerals and supplements (VMS) category
- How private-equity companies view the industry
- Creation of pure consumer healthcare companies
- Companies acquiring digital technology
- Companies acquiring e-commerce assets
- Companies investing in microbiome research
- Smaller companies buying and building
- Six company profiles of acquirers and sellers – GSK, P&G, Taisho, J&J, Prestige and Bayer
- What might happen next
Six company profiles:
- GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer to create global leader
- P&G replaces PGT with Merck Consumer Health
- Taisho extends geographic reach with UPSA
- Prestige to focus on consumer healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson divests Nizoral to three buyers
- Bayer seeks to move on from Merck
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CONTENTS PAGE
The Briefing, which has 129 pages, is written by OTC industry expert Deborah Wilkes, who is the Editor & Publisher of OTCToolbox. It is based on data from the OTCToolbox Deals Database, which contains details of almost 900 deals in the global OTC/consumer healthcare industry.
It is available to purchase and download immediately from the OTCToolbox website as a PDF. Make sure your team is well informed through a Multiple User Licence or a Global Licence for the Briefing.
The Briefing is available free to people who have a current paid-for Annual Subscription to the OTCToolbox website (click here to find out more).
AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY AS A PDF
See Payment Options box at the top of this page
For alternative payment options and delivery methods, or other questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.